Netgear extender extends your wireless network giving strong connection and excellent speed. But sometimes there are some users who face the issue of how to setup Netgear extender.
The following blog gives instructions on the set up of Netgear extender using manual setup and connects the Netgear by using WPS set up process.
Follow the steps given below to set up your Netgear router with an Ethernet port:
- Connect your computer to your Netgear router with an Ethernet cable.
- Using http://myWiFiext.net log into the web user interface of your Netgear Wi-Fi extender.
- You will be directed to the username and password page.
- Fill the default username as ‘admin’ and password as ‘password’.
- Go to the ‘setup’ when you are logged in and then click ‘wireless setting’ option.
- You need to check the value in the ‘network key’ field under the ‘security options’. In case the password does not match as of yours router’s password. You need to change the password so that it matches.
- Then click on ‘apply’ to save your setting.
- And reconnect your wireless network to the Netgear extender.
In case you have a Netgear Extender without an Ethernet port. Then follow the steps mentioned below:
- You need to reset your extender back to factory default settings. Press the factory default setting button for seven seconds.
- Now connect your Netgear extender via Wi-Fi.
- By using http://myWiFiext.net Login to the web interface.
- Enter the default login details when you are directed to the username and password page. Fill the default username as ‘admin’ and password as ‘password’.
- To connect to your router, follow the setup wizard.
- Then reconnect your devices to your Netgear Wi-Fi extender.
However, from the above steps, you can easily set up your Netgear extender manually.
You can also connect your Netgear Wi-Fi extender using WPS. Wi-Fi Protected Setup helps you in securing your Wi-Fi network without entering your network name and password.
To set up your Netgear extender using WPS, the following are the steps mentioned below:
- On the side panel of your Netgear extender, press the WPS button until the WPS LED blinks.
- Now press the WPS button on your router or access point within two minutes.
- Find the new extender name on your computer or wireless device. The SSID will change into your existing Wi-Fi network name but with _EXT in the end.
- Then connect your existing Wi-Fi device to the new extended network.
- Now unplug your Netgear extender and change its location which should be within the range of your existing Wi-Fi network.
- Now, wait for one minute when you plug in the extender into a power outlet.
The power LED will turn on. In case the power LED does not blink, press the power button. And then by using WPS your Netgear extender is connected.
Thus, from the following blog, we hope that you can easily set up your Netgear extender. Both the setup processes i.e. set up Netgear extender manually or set up Netgear extender using WPS, are very easy. If you find any problem you can contact us at our toll-free number.