The Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 is the most advanced tri-band Wi-Fi extender that provides 5GHz band with up to 1.7Gbps for extending internet speeds to your devices. This device helps you to connect your devices like tablet, computer and laptop to your home network with a reliable connection and expanded coverage in every corner of your home.
In this blog we will guide you on netgear nighthawk ex8000 setup & its installation. You can access your Netgear nighthawk ex8000 or configure its settings by using web based setup utility that redirects you to the smart setup wizard page on any web browser.
How to Setup Netgear Nighthawk EX8000?
Follow the below given steps to setup the Netgear Nighthawk Extender:
Step 1: Initial Setup:
- During initial setup, place your Nighthawk extender at the same place where you have placed your Wi-Fi router.
- Now, plug in the extender into an electrical outlet.
- After plug in, power LED of your device starts blinking.
Step 2: Connect Nighthawk Extender to wireless network:
In order to extend the range of your wifi, you have to connect your netgear nighthawk ex8000 to your existing home network. You can connect your device to your home network either by using wired connection or wireless connection.
- Wireless connection: On your wifi enabled PC, open the Wi-Fi connection manager and select your router’s wifi network. Next, click the “Network” icon in the taskbar on your PC, and then look for the available wifi network. Select “Netgear_EXT” from the list of available Wi-Fi Networks to establish the internet connection.
- Wired Connection: In this method, you have to use an Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernet port on the extender to an Ethernet port on your computer.
Step 3: Log in to the Nighthawk Extender:
- After setting up a wired or wireless connection, launch a web browser & enter http://www.mywifiext.net in browser’s address bar.
- On the netgear nighthawk login page, enter “admin” in the Username field and “password” in the Password field to open the netgear nighthawk ex8000 setup page.
- After you login to the netgear nighthawk extender setup page, it will redirect you to the smart setup wizard.
Step 4: Netgear Nighthawk ex8000 setup:
- To start the setup process, click ‘Smart setup’ then click ‘Next’.
- Now, click ‘Wireless Settings’ then click ‘Next’.
- Choose the network name of your router that you want to extend then click ‘Next’ to continue.
- Enter the password of your wireless network and click ‘Next’. Then click ‘Finish’ to complete the netgear nighthawk extender setup process. Now you can customize or configure various settings on this setup page.
We hope this blog will help you in the process of the netgear nighthawk ex8000 setup. In case you still face any issue, you can call us on our toll-free number or chat live with us. Our technicians will assist you on the same and help you to resolve the issue.