Netgear Wi-Fi extender helps you to connect your wireless devices to your home network with a reliable connection and expanded coverage in dead zone areas of your home.
In this blog, we will explain initial steps for Netgear Extender login. For Netgear Extender login, you will need either default IP address or local web address, so that you can access extender’s web- based user interface. So, if you don’t have much knowledge regarding Netgear extender login or setup process, don’t worry we are here to guide you.
Netgear wifi repeater works with any wireless router or gateway and enables a better Wi-Fi connection for laptops, home theater devices, smart phones and much more. You can access your wireless device by connecting a netgear wifi extender to home network. For this, you must have an account on Netgear website either to configure or to change the settings of your extender. You can connect your Netgear Extender with your PC either wired or wirelessly. Let’s discuss how to connect a Netgear extender to Wi-Fi network. Read the below mentioned steps carefully to connect Netgear extender to Wi-Fi network:
- Firstly, you need to setup a physical connection between your PC and extender by using an Ethernet cable either wired or wirelessly.
- After setting up a wired or wireless connection, launch a web browser and login to the web user interface of your Netgear Wi-Fi Extender using web address i.e. http://mywifiext.net.
- Next, netgear wifi extender login screen appears and you will be prompted to enter a username and password. On the login page, enter your user name and password that you have set before otherwise enter the admin user name and password.
- Once you log into your extender, you can change the settings of the Netgear extender or you can configure the various features of your extender as desired by setting it up.
- Next, netgear extender setup page displays, you will see a lot of settings on this page. You can modify or change these settings as per your need to improve the performance of your extender and secure your wireless network.
- Go to ‘Setup’ option.
- Now click ‘Wireless Settings’ and make changes that you wish to do.
- Further go to ‘Security’ option & check the value in the ‘Password’ field. If the password is not same as your extender password, you can change it.
- Click ‘Apply’ to save all the settings.
- Now re-connect your wireless devices to the Netgear Wi-Fi Extender. Place the extender within the range of the current wireless network.
By following steps you may have understood how do you connect a wifi extender to network & set up the Netgear extender device to the Internet. In case you face any issue while setting up the connection, call us on our Toll-Free number and we will more than happy to assist you. Our technical experts will guide you in the best possible way to resolve your issue.