With two Netgear EX6920 wifi range extenders, you can get even more coverage and extreme speed. These Netgear extenders boost your existing network range and delivers AC dual band wifi with up to 1200 MBPS speed. The device is small and discreet and easily blends into your home network. The FastLane technology with two wifi modes extends the existing wifi connection to create one super high-speed connection. The Netgear EX6920 wifi range extender work with any standard wifi router and are ideal for HD video streaming and online gaming.
In this blog, we will provide you with some important information related to Netgear EX6920 wifi range extender. We will try to cover some important aspects of the extender like – ‘Netgear EX6920 login’, ‘Netgear extender EX6920 setup’ and ‘Netgear EX6920 Firmware update.’
For Netgear extender EX6920 setup, you need to place your extender in the same room as your router first. Plug it into the wall outlet and wait for the LED to turn into ‘Green.’ If the LED does not turn into ‘Green’ even after two minutes, press the On/Off button which is located on the side of the extender. Now, to extend the range of your wifi network, it is required to connect the extender to the existing wifi network. You can connect the extender with the existing wifi network with WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) method.
Note: Repeat the process for the second extender.
How to use WPS to connect the extender to the existing wifi network?
For Netgear extender EX3920 setup using WPS method, you need to follow these steps which are given below:
- Press the WPS button on the side of the extender and wait for LED to blink.
- Press the WPS method on the router as well within two minutes.
- If your router supports 5 GHz band then you need to repeat the steps (1 and 2) in order to connect the extender to 5 GHz band.
- Now, unplug your extender and move it to a location which is halfway between router and the area with poor wifi range.
- Plug your extender in a power supply and wait for the LED to light Green.
- You can use the LED of the wifi router which is located on the front panel to find a good spot where extender to router connection is optimal.
- Now, connect to the new wifi extender on your computer or mobile device.
- Test your new extender by moving a mobile device or computer to the poor wifi signal.
Note: Repeat the steps (1 to 8) to setup the second extender.
Netgear EX6920 login process:
After installation, you can login to your extender again to view and manage the settings of your extenders. For Netgear EX6920 login, follow the steps which are given below:
- On your wifi device or computer, find and connect to the new wifi extender by using wifi network manager.
- Launch a web browser and enter the default web address of Netgear extender which is www.mywifiext.net on the address bar.
- Now, enter your email address and password in order to log in to your extender.
- Once you are logged in, you can manage the settings of your extender like- change the wifi network name, view connected devices, view wifi settings and many more.
It is also important to update the firmware of your Netgear EX6920 wifi range extender time to time as it fixes the bugs, improves the performance and also protects you from security vulnerabilities. It is recommended by the Netgear that users must check a new firmware update regularly and download it.
Netgear EX6920 Firmware update:
For Netgear eX6920 firmware update, you need to follow some easy below-given steps.
- First of all, log in to your extender by following the steps which are given in the section above this.
- When you are logged in, your extender will show a ‘menu’ icon, click on that.
- Select settings and then ‘Firmware update’
- Click on the ‘Check online’ button and then on the ‘browse’ button.
- If a new firmware update is available, find and download it.
Note: A firmware ends with .chk extension.
The Netgear EX6920 wifi range extender create a seamless network throughout your home. You can enjoy uninterrupted streaming on Netflix and YouTube even as you move around the house with both the extenders. We covered some important aspects of the Netgear extender in this blog that includes- Netgear EX6920 login, Netgear Extender EX6920 setup and Netgear EX6920 firmware update. If you get stuck in between any steps, you can contact us as we have a team of technical experts who can resolve your any extender/router related issues.